Saturday, May 1, 2010

day 13 - a song that is a guilty pleasure

"sweet caroline" (neil diamond)



(glee version)

this is a staple of any cover band at a lot of dubai/abu dhabi bars.i'm sure this goes the same way at other countries as well.this is also very popular with baseball games, i believe.i remember when i was still going out for friday brunches in abu dhabi, this song got to be sung a lot!the expat crowd would go wild everytime this was played and it seemed like everyone knew the words,too!fun times.

lyrics:

Where it began
I can't begin to knowin
But then I know it's growin strong

Was in the spring
And spring became the summer
Whod have believed you'd come along

Hands, touchin hands
Reachin out
Touchin me
Touchin you

Sweet caroline
Good times never seemed so good
I've been inclined
To believe they never would

But now I
Look at the night
And it don't seem so lonely
We fill it up with only two
And when I hurt
Hurtin runs off my shoulders
How can I hurt when I'm with you

Warm, touchin warm
Reachin out
Touchin me
Touchin you

Sweet caroline
Good times never seemed so good
I've been inclined
To believe they never would
Oh, no, no

Sweet caroline
Good times never seemed so good
I've been inclined
I believed they never could
Sweet caroline


**

good times, hope you come our way soon! enough with bad times already!

**

on thursday i went out to meet some of my dubai friends at boston bar, jumeirah rotana hotel.it was actually my first night out alone after having baby.so i felt a bit guilty, that's why i only stayed for two hours.haha.but it was nice to go on a night-out again, particularly that night 'cos it was a farewell party to t who will get married in frankfurt.

on friday we went for a breakfast brunch at oceana in hilton which is just a stone's throw away from us.we were actually craving for sushi (for breakfast!), but it seems that nobody was offering that in their breakfast menu.



brunch was good!they even had a pork section which is rare to find considering this is a muslim country, after all.

since we were so stuffed, mr t just prepared salad for dinner.this is his signature salad with beef.me likey!





this afternoon we took baby for her second round of immunization which as every parent would know does not really equate to a very nice experience.baby was crying non-stop.her new doctor (who is also german) seems to be ok.mr t is quite satisfied with the way she handled baby.

and tonight we had our sushi fix in a sushi place just around the corner.we love their drinks - lemon and mint tea and red ginger tea.i had beef teriyaki and mr t had miso soup and we had a plate of sushi and sashimi.oishi!



No comments:

Post a Comment