Saturday, April 17, 2010

day 06 - a song that reminds of you of somewhere

"edge of the ocean" (ivy)



five years ago around this time i was in palawan.southern palawan, to be exact.it was an all-expenses paid trip provided for by my former office.and all i had to do was to make sure everybody was ok! there were photographers who documented the beauty of the islands.there was a model who, well, posed.there were scuba divers who mapped out the seas and what lie beneath. and then,there were us, the tag-alongs.

my god.i can still remember the endless buckets of lobsters, the nik-niks that bit me everyday (see the starfish photo with my poor, nik-nik riddled leg), the jellyfish that stung my other leg (ouch!), the food at ka loiue and at this french-vietnamese restaurant, the trips at honda bay and mitra's ranch, the endless road trips, the heart-shaped "secret" island, the friendly tortoise, the starfish, the sleepovers on the beach with nothing but stars as our blanket,the first time i tried scuba diving, the beautiful, serene seas.

for a week, i have lived the way i wanted to live...

i did not listen to this song that time.but it was the song that i wished i had listened to while i was there.and everytime i listen to this song, i remember my idyllic, wonderful days in palawan...ang ganda talada dun.promise.















lyrics:

There's a place I dream about
Where the sun never goes out.
And the sky is deep and blue.
Won't you take me there with you.

Ohhh, we can begin again.
Shed our skin, let the sun shine in.
At the edge of the ocean
We can start over again.

There's a world I've always known
Somewhere far away from home.
When I close my eyes I see
All the space and mystery.

Ohhh, we can begin again.
Shed our skin, let the sun shine in.
At the edge of the ocean
We can start over again.


*photos by louie and melo b

No comments:

Post a Comment