Sunday, April 11, 2010

30 days of music

i got this meme from astitchaway.blogspot.com which i found out through my college-i-love-your long-legs buddy t (visit his witty and funny blog at tibibord.blogspot.com)

i think it's fun 'cos i can share my stories as well :-)

Thirty Days of Music
day 01 - your favorite song
day 02 - your least favorite song
day 03 - a song that makes you happy
day 04 - a song that makes you sad
day 05 - a song that reminds you of someone
day 06 - a song that reminds of you of somewhere
day 07 - a song that reminds you of a certain event
day 08 - a song that you know all the words to
day 09 - a song that you can dance to
day 10 - a song that makes you fall asleep
day 11 - a song from your favorite band
day 12 - a song from a band you hate
day 13 - a song that is a guilty pleasure
day 14 - a song that no one would expect you to love
day 15 - a song that describes you
day 16 - a song that you used to love but now hate
day 17 - a song that you hear often on the radio
day 18 - a song that you wish you heard on the radio
day 19 - a song from your favorite album
day 20 - a song that you listen to when you’re angry
day 21 - a song that you listen to when you’re happy
day 22 - a song that you listen to when you’re sad
day 23 - a song that you want to play at your wedding
day 24 - a song that you want to play at your funeral
day 25 - a song that makes you laugh
day 26 - a song that you can play on an instrument
day 27 - a song that you wish you could play
day 28 - a song that makes you feel guilty
day 29 - a song from your childhood
day 30 - your favorite song at this time last year

***

day 01 - your favorite song

it's to hard to pinpoint one song. well, i just have to put the first one thing that comes to my mind:

stuck in a moment you can't get out of (u2)



i was fortunate enough to watch their 360 degree concert last august at the Veltins-Arena in Gelsenkirchen, Germany. It was actually mr. t's 30th birthday gift for me. 30th! gasp! ok, enough about that. if you are my friend, then you would know how much of a fan i am.if it were possible, i would have stalked them.haha.

so the whole concert was, yes, for lack of a better word "surreal." until now i still have to remind myself that yes, i did watch their concert, yes i did see bono and yes, i did sing along with them to this song plus these other gems which were part of the setlist:

1)Breathe
2)No Line On The Horizon
3)Get On Your Boots
4)Magnificent
5)Beautiful Day
6)Elevation
7)I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
8)Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
9)Unknown Caller
10)The Unforgettable Fire
11)City Of Blinding Lights
12)Vertigo
13)I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (Remix)
14)Sunday Bloody Sunday
15)Pride (In The Name Of Love)
16)MLK
17)Walk On
18)Where The Streets Have No Name
19)One

And for the encore:
20)Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
21)With Or Without You
22)Moment Of Surrender

Were these u2 gems or what?!I almost peed in my pants! haha. That could be forgiven though as baby was just growing inside my tummy that time.i'm so proud to say that baby's first concert was u2's.how cool.

highlights:
-bono
-fantastic set, lights
-paying tribute to suu kyi
-getting my u2-crazed brother a shirt (and not a measly one,k?)
-the edge's guitar getting stuck or something.can be a lowlight, but it was the first time ever in a u2 concert for that to happen!
-did i say bono?
-watching their helicopters carry them off to the airport

lowlights:
-missing one of mr t's favorite band, snow patrol, play in the opening act. cos we were busy eating outside.ha!
-going back to our hotel.thousands of people = congestion in trains

but who am i complain? for me, that was the greatest.concert.ever.

and now back to the song.i first heard it back in 2001, after college. my brother just bought the "all that you can't leave behind" album, and immediately i had this song on repeat mode.i liked it so much because the title itself summarized what i was feeling then.i just graduated from college and i did not know what i wanted.so bono was kind enough to remind me (haha) to get on with my life.lovely melody, lovely words.

lyrics:

I'm not afraid of anything in this world
There's nothing you can throw at me that I haven't already heard
I'm just trying to find a decent melody
A song that I can sing in my own company

I never thought you were a fool
But darling, look at you
You gotta stand up straight, carry your own weight
These tears are going nowhere, baby

You've got to get yourself together
You've got stuck in a moment and now you can't get out of it
Don't say that later will be better now you're stuck in a moment
And you can't get out of it

I will not forsake, the colors that you bring
But the nights you filled with fireworks
They left you with nothing
I am still enchanted by the light you brought to me
I listen through your ears, and through your eyes I can see

And you are such a fool
To worry like you do
I know it's tough, and you can never get enough
Of what you don't really need now ... my oh my

You've got to get yourself together
You've got stuck in a moment and you can't get out of it
Oh love look at you now
You've got yourself stuck in a moment and you can't get out of it

I was unconscious, half asleep
The water is warm till you discover how deep
I wasn't jumping for me it was a fall
It's a long way down to nothing at all

You've got to get yourself together
You've got stuck in a moment and you can't get out of it
Don't say that later will be better now
You're stuck in a moment and you can't get out of it

And if the night runs over
And if the day won't last
And if our way should falter
Along the stony pass

And if the night runs over
And if the day won't last
And if your way should falter
Along the stony pass
It's just a moment
This time will pass

3 comments:

  1. Si tigkuanan mo kaini dati ming blockmate ni Tinpaits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ay iyo? thank you po saiya. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. gasp. Snow Patrol ang opening.


    tiborce!

    ReplyDelete